November 21, 2009 at 7:30 pm (Uncategorized)

Mom seems to have come through the surgery OK, and the docs were able to give us the breakdown of most of what they know earlier today, though I guess full biopsy results may not be available until Monday or something like that.
She’s been a bit groggy and a little “out of it” all day, but it’s expected she will probably be able to go home either sometime tomorrow or Monday.

The neurosurgeon took my dad & me aside and gave us what was basically an onslaught of bad news.

Verified it is a very aggressive brain cancer.
Because of the location, they can’t get to it to remove it (“it’s in the worst place it could possibly be in” were the words used).
It is hoped that through radiation therapy and possibly some chemo they will be able to halt further growth.
This will not by any means bring her back to her former self – it will just help hold it back from getting worse.
For a while. Maybe a year. Maybe a little more. Maybe a little less.

Dad’s talking about how he has no idea how he’s going to be able to take care of her when they live in a two story house and the bedrooms and bathroom are up two flights of stairs.
Not sure what to tell him – I really feel just as helpless as he does right now.


1 Comment

  1. Imelda said,

    Sorry to hear about your mom. I can’t imagine. 😦

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: